Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Roller Coster Called JMC 410

I have had my ups and downs with my capstone class for my major. The class is advanced news-writing. If you have read my previous post about how I am spelling impaired then you could only imagine what kind of ride I have had. 

I have gained a perspective for the business that I now appreciate. I can tell you that people who write for newspapers put in a lot of work in a little amount of time. There is so much editing that goes into writing stories and I give it to people who are, or want to be a copywriter. A job that I will never land and I'm not sure I would be cut out for the job!

Although I have had a hard time with the class I have enjoyed it. Ever since I was a child I have always wanted to be a journalist. I have wanted to write about the news and help people become informed. Even though I don't think I will work for a paper right when I graduate a part of my childhood dream has come true through this class.

I have had to write real stories that would inform people, edit to the point where I want to pull my hair out and and meet deadlines. All of these things I would have done if I was really in the field. One thing I would change about my JMC 410 experience is that I wanted to learn more about the Internet and how you go about creating one. Since that is the wave of the future and that is where this field is heading I think it would be beneficial if the class included more Internet info. 

The ride is just about over and I am ready to unstrap my safety belt and get off the ride. I am defiantly not the same person who got on the ride, I am more confident and a little bit more educated about the person I am and what I am capable of.

Thank you JMC 410 for the ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment