Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not In The Classroom

From my four years in college I have heard time and time again that some of the greatest lessons you will learn in life will be taught in the classroom....well I say "they" have no idea what they are talking about. 

I have learned what type of career I want from hearing the local news and reading magazines, I have also learned what I do not want to do in my future by work experience....not the classroom.

I have learned how hard I have to push myself in order to get ahead and make something of myself though my sorority that I am involved in and it has also taught me what kind of leader I can be....not the classroom. 

I have gained a wider perspective of how I can help out the world by doing my own part of renewing resources and using up less energy from a program I was involved in on campus. The program also showed me that just by educating people towards a cause you are helping the world one person at a time...again not in the classroom. 

Last I think some of the most valuable lessons I have learned are that walls are built up in your life to test how bad you want things, you must replace your wish bone with your back bone and last, luck is when preparations meets opportunity. All of these lessons I learned by doing a little light reading in my free time....not in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment